
That night we ordered a few pizzas and took them to the park nearby and just had the kids play and have fun.



On Tuesday, we decided to go to the Hermiston Aquatic Center. It's a really fun city pool and the kids all had a good time. Jim, Christopher and I all got a bit sunburned, but Jim got the worst. Owen loved learning how to swim underwater and I know now that he needs eyes on him all the time we're there!


Here is Jonas who actually had fun on the water slide, but is still a bit leery.
Wednesday was the 4Th of July and we celebrated right off the bat by attending some good friend's annual breakfast party. They provide the pancakes and then everyone brings something to share. They raise the flag and it's a fun way to kick start the holiday.

Jon and Tara and their kids came that afternoon and the cousins all had a good time playing outside. We blew up the kid pool and between the water guns, sprinkler and trampoline, I think they all had a good time.
Hannah and Brandon came for a bit and helped the kids have fun by engaging in a water fight. Poor Hannah ended up in the pool, but she is such a good sport. 






We barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and had a few salads and chips. Hannah and Brandon brought Tai Tai and the kids all had a fun time playing with her.
We just lit off fireworks in the street of our culdesac. No psychedelic mojo, but it was still fun for the kids. At the end, they all were wondering when we got to see the big ones in the sky....maybe next year:)
All the cousins, except Erin, who was inside at the time.
This is us enjoying a Dairy Queen ice-cream cake. They're half off on Mondays, so I bought the biggest one and it was yummy!










Thursday was hot! Everyone except Sadie and I (& Christopher who had to go to work) went to the movie, Ratatouille : Rat-a-too-ee. The kids all seemed to enjoy it and I enjoyed having everyone gone for a few hours:)
That night some friends let us come out and use their pool. It was the perfect way to end a hot day. The pool is so nice. We all had a great time until Owen jumped in and split his lip. Christopher and I left with him and Sadie and Christopher ended up taking him in to the ER and getting his lip glued. I didn't take any pics...but he's doing good.



Friday, Christopher and Jon went to work and the rest of us just hung out at the house. Jim took Ansel and Brendan on a nature walk at some point in the day. That night, I got my babysitter and her friend to come watch all the kids and we all went to dinner at the Olive Garden. It was nice to just sit and sip soda and eat good food without worrying about the kids. Emily and Tara both had their cameras and we had the waitress take a pic, so you'll have to check out their blogs for a pic. Well, I'm surprised I actually got all these pics up and documented. It is so important that my kids know their cousins. I'm glad Emily and Jim came for a week and that Jon and Tara came and stayed. I figured I've seen all my siblings since the end of May. Pretty dang cool. I love you guys!