Some weeks seem really long...this has been one of those weeks!
On Tuesday morning about 15 minutes into my workout, Sadie and Owen were fooling around in the boys room and Sadie started crying. It was more than the normal cry, so I quickly rushed in to find her bleeding from her lip. Evidently she and Owen were playing on the boys bunk bed and somehow she fell and hit her lip on the wooden side rail of the bottom bunk. She had cut it above the lip. I quickly called a friend and asked if she'd watch Owen while I took Sadie to the urgent care. After urgent care looked at it, they recommend I go to the Emergency Room due to the location of the cut.


We made it there shortly before 10:00 a.m. We got right back into a room, but it took hours before we were to leave. The attending physician (who was really a nurse practitioner) looked at it and recommended she be sedated because of her age and inability to have her be still while being stitched. Due to the location of the laceration, it had to be carefully stitched or would cause cosmetic difficulties later on. Well, we waited and waited....Sadie finally fell asleep(after crying for about 45 minutes, as she was tired and hungry) around 12:30 and slept for about 20 minutes before the lady came to prep for an IV. It was finally about 1:30 that the nurse came to do the IV.


I think that is one of the hardest things to do as a parent...hold your child down while they are screaming and saying one of the only words they know, "mama" while looking at you wondering why you aren't helping her. It was hard for Christopher and I. We had to do that 3 times. Yes three times because the first nurse blew out both of the "perfect veins" in her tiny hands. Finally on the third time, a different nurse came and put it up in her arm. After the IV was in, it was just a matter of gathering all the people that had to be there (nurses, respiratory team, etc...)
She fought the sedation, but was finally out and they stitched her up. She came out of it great and was ready to go.
We made it home just as Ansel and Jonas were coming in the door from school. As I was still in workout clothes and had pack meeting that night, I went to shower. When I came down, about an hour after being home, I noticed one of the lower stitches had already come out. Fearing I would have to repeat my hellish day, I called Dr. Matheson, who is head of the emergency room and in our ward (his wife was the one watching Owen all day.). He graciously came over after his long shift and recommended putting a bit of dermabond (the super glue stuff) over the stitch so it would hold. He went back to the hospital and then came back over and put a bit of glue over the stitch. Luckily it's held and looks pretty good. We planned on taking her back today to get the stitches removed, but the other stitch came out on its own last night.
Sadie--stitch free
On Wednesday, Owen "graduated" from his 3 day preschool class and is excited not to have to go to school again.
That night we finished moving stuff over to our new living quarters for the summer and slept in our apartment.
Our new summer apartment!