Monday, September 08, 2008

Catch Up

I have some serious catching up to do, so without further ado....
Before the Hatch Family Reunion (August 12-15), we enjoyed a visit from my parents along with Sarah and Lucy and her boys. Yes, that's right we had 13 people "hanging out" in our little 1100 square foot apartment. It was cramped at times, but it was great having them visit. Our downstairs neighbors I'm sure enjoyed them leaving, but I love hosting my family visits.
We went to the farmers market in Pasco. We took my parents when they were here a few years ago and I don't think Christopher or I had been back. We got some yummy fruit smoothies, caramel corn and some fresh veggies.



I love this picture of Owen. He was eating his macaroni and cheese and when I looked over to check on him, he had literally fallen asleep in his bowl. Too funny!
Monday, August 11th was Lucy's birthday. We thought about going out on the boat, but after Darrell had it for the weekend, something broke on it and had to go into the shop. We decided to enjoy a girls lunch and pedicure. So here is Sarah, Mom and Lucy playing with the vibrations on the chairs while their feet soak.
Here are the finished products. I usually don't go for red, but I decided to do something different!

Here are the boys watching a movie in our room on the computer because we were all in the living room watching the Olympics.


On Tuesday we set out for the Hatch Family Reunion. Jonathan and Tara were in charge this year and chose to host at Mount Rainer. They found this set up in Ashford right outside the west entrance to Mount Rainer. Upon arriving Tara had set up a treasure hunt for the kids to do.
The treasures were cute family baskets with personalized stamped cups for our use during the next few days, as well as an itinerary and job list and t-shirts. The kids loved finding the treasures!
Here are all the cousins...

We had great meals the whole time we were there. It seems just as one meal was done being cleaned up, it was time to start the next one. We had barbecued hamburgers served with potato salad and dutch oven baked beans, Tara's chicken enchiladas, Thai chicken and broccoli beef and so much other yummy food. Jonas is my carbohydrate kid. Here is his dinner...a hamburger bun and a plate load of chips.
We had a great table that sat a good 20 of us. Only problem was it got really warm during the week we were there and it was almost too warm of a room to eat in. But there was an outside table as well that we enjoyed.

The first night we were there we played Bingo. It was really fun. I think it would make a fun date night.
Wednesday morning after breakfast and packing up picnic lunches we headed into the park. All I can say is "WOW!" I can't believe I've lived in Washington for 5 years and haven't been there yet. It really was so breathtaking and beautiful. I absolutely LOVE summer time in the mountains and Mt. Rainer was so wonderful.



We stopped at these gorgeous falls.

Enjoyed a picnic lunch with mounds of snow still around that they boys loved to slide down and which Sadie liked to eat....gross, I know.

We ended with a great little hike that the kids loved. The scenery was beautiful and I loved having to cross snow. It was so fun!






Sarah, Me and Maureen


The Hatch siblings: Jonathan, Emily, Maureen, Lucy, Me and Sarah


Ansel and Brendan


Owen and Alyssa



Owen and Jonas

I love this picture of Owen with Mt. Rainer and the gorgeous wildflowers in the background.

When we got back the kids made homemade ice-cream in tin cans. There were some cans runnier than others, but it sure tasted good!


That night we celebrated my parents 40Th wedding anniversary a month early. Each of the kids filled out a questionnaire and read them to my parents.


Jon compiled an awesome DVD of pictures over the past 40 years that we enjoyed watching. We ended the celebration with a cake that we had made and a "oldy-wed" game that Lucy made up.



Thursday was Jonas' 7th birthday. In the morning we visited Northwest Trek, a 700+ acre park of northwest animals. The kids had fun seeing all the different wildlife. We enjoyed a picnic lunch there and then it was back to the lodge for birthday fun.


We had promised Jonas pizza for his birthday, so after visiting the NW Trek, Christopher and I took a little road trip for some Pizza Hut pizza. The kids all enjoyed a pizza birthday dinner and homemade chocolate cake and ice cream. Jonas loved all his gifts and thought it was great having his cousins around for his birthday!


Happy Birthday Jonas!


After our yummy Thai dinner we held our family meeting and it was decided that the next Hatch Family Reunion in 2010 will be held in Durango, Colorado, with Lucy and Jay as our hosts.

We ended the evening with a talent show and smores around the campfire. We had lots of great talent, but I think the Hatches win for most talented family. Caleb and Alyssa were a hard act to follow and then when Jon did his gymnastics routine, it was pretty much over. It was a great night!













Until 2010....