
We celebrated today by having a LEGO birthday party. He had 5 friends come and they had a great time. They each got a bag of LEGOs that they spent the first half hour just building what they could out of them. I can't believe how creative kids are with LEGOs!
We then went split them up into 3 teams and did a bunch of games outside. They had a lot of fun... the favorite I think was the football run. They each took turns trying to run the football into the endzone against another team. They also did tug of war, jumps, football toss, 3 legged relay, etc. Another fun one we did was put a bunch of LEGOs on a cookie sheet and then each team had 1 minute to pick up as many LEGOs as they could with chopsticks.






Ansel and Austin




All the guys: Ansel, Austin, Colton, Nathan, Drew and Derrek
We had a cool LEGO cake made that Ansel loved and he got a bunch of really nice and generous gifts.





After the party, we headed to Red Robin for dinner. It just isn't a birthday without Red Robin. Ansel opened presents from Grandpa and Grandma Hatch and Childers and then from Christopher and I. We then came home and he and his friend, Derrek worked on the LEGO set and enjoyed staying up late with each other. It was a fun day!







As Ansel was headed to bed, he turned and gave me a big hug and said that it was the best day ever. That's what I call a successful birthday!





$20.00 worth of quarters from his buddy, Derrek!
After the party, we headed to Red Robin for dinner. It just isn't a birthday without Red Robin. Ansel opened presents from Grandpa and Grandma Hatch and Childers and then from Christopher and I. We then came home and he and his friend, Derrek worked on the LEGO set and enjoyed staying up late with each other. It was a fun day!






Ansel and Derrek in front of Red Robin made out of LEGOs!
As Ansel was headed to bed, he turned and gave me a big hug and said that it was the best day ever. That's what I call a successful birthday!