Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jonas Turns 8!

Jonas turned 8 on August 14th, the day after the family reunion.

Jonas got chocolate donuts for his birthday breakfast.
Jonas and Jennie
In anticipation of a lot of family around from the reunion and upcoming baptism, we rented out the Hermiston Water Park to celebrate Jonas' birthday. When I made the reservation way back in May, I didn't think that it would only be 75 degrees on August 14th. But it was. I think everyone had a good time, anyway. Here are all the fun pics of our fun night!





















HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAS!!











My good friend, Michelle and either Brock or Trent,
who provided all the yummy treats at last minute notice.




Christopher, Jonas, Ansel and cousin Caleb I think were the last one's out of the pool at about 8:45. It was pretty dark by then and pretty cold.I think they had a good time. Jonas got a lot of presents from people, so when we got home he opened them and then shared his chocolate birthday cake with cousins.



The golden dragon from China...a gift from Grandma Hatch that
she gives each male grandchild when they turn 8.

A Mariners shirt from the Hatches...we need to get up there to a Mariners game now!

Natalie and Erin enjoying cake.

It was definitely a fun day. I don't think Jonas knows quite how lucky he was to have almost all his cousins on both sides of his family celebrate his birthday with him. Thanks to everyone who helped make it a fun and special day for him!