Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baltimore Weekend

Christopher and I went to Baltimore during the weekend of October 14-17. Christopher and Jared have been training for the marathon. We did some walking around down by the harbor on Friday before Jared and Denee got into town. The downtown area by the harbor is really a nice area. We ate at the Hard Rock on Thursday night and then Chipotle with Jared and Denee on Friday.





Saturday morning was a bit cold as we headed to the starting line. The marathon started at 8:00 a.m., so they wanted to be there around 7:30. 


I signed up to run the 5K which started a half hour after Christopher and Jared took off.
The U.S.A. flag was brought in by a parachuter
Jared and Christopher at the beginning of the race
At the middle
At the end








Jared came in about 25 minutes before Christopher. Denee and I were watching for both of them, so we totally missed Jared. We were both very proud of them. It was a beautiful day and pretty good running weather....clear and cool. I think the only downside was the wind.

After resting for a few hours we met up with Jared and Denee for a bite to eat before they took off back to their girls.


Peter...who is almost 2. He liked us from a far but  really only wanted his Mom. 
We flew home on Sunday morning. The kids had gone to church with Grandma and Grandpa and they had decorated the house for our "homecoming." It was nice to have time to visit with my parents, who were so gracious to come out and take care of the kids.


Overall....a fun weekend. When I ask Christopher if he'll ever do another marathon, he tells me probably. Maybe he'll want to do one in Europe :)