We got away one day earlier for our annual weekend getaway at Salish Lodge for Christopher's work retreat. After a quick trip to Ikea to pick up some things that were out of stock a few weeks ago when we were up, we drove to the Summit at Snoqualmie and skiied! I haven't skiied since before I had kids....almost 12 years ago. Christopher arranged for us to have a one hour private lesson together, which was great. Our instructor works there 4 days a week and actually teaches the ski instructors. He reminded me of what I had already learned and it really all came back and I did o.k. Christopher did really well, too and we had a grea time. It was snowing all day and by the late afternoon it was coming down pretty hard that it actually hurt when we were skiing down. We did manage a quick pic at the top.
 |
| At the top of the mountain! |
After checking in and relaxing for a bit we drove into Bellevue and ate dinner. We then came back and are enjoying the ambiance of Salish...And I still have 2+ days left!
 |
| It's hard to see, but I'm enjoying a fire in the fireplace... |