Last Thursday was a special day. I turned 38 years old and had a lot of birthday wishes from family and friends that made my day. I also got to witness Owen being baptized.
Owen is a fun, creative, talkative and very expressive child. His baptism was great. Sarah and I sang "As The Savior Stood Beside Me," and his two Grandmas spoke on Baptism and the Holy Ghost. While Grandma Childers was speaking she was telling Owen that she was baptized during this same month 38 years ago. Owen quickly replied, "that makes you 46 years old," obviously forgetting that she wasn't 8 when she was baptized. Another funny Owenism: Grandma Hatch was bearing her testimony and telling Owen, that like his other Grandma, she knew the Church was true. Well Owen blurted out, "I figured since my
younger Grandma had one, you did too." It was funny. He was so so excited to be baptized and I'm so proud of him and his desire to be obedient and to choose the right. Here are some pics of our evening.
Sadie got to hand out the programs, because Jonas & Ansel both got to say prayers.
 |
| On our way to take some pictures...Owen is so excited! |
After the baptism....still excited!
 |
| Owen with Grandma and Grandpa Hatch |
 |
| Me with my beautiful mother! |
 |
| Owen with his golden dragon from Grandma Hatch |
 |
| Owen with Grandma and Grandpa Childers |
 |
| Sadie, too |
 |
| My beautiful family. Can't believe how grown up they all are. |
Silly pictures Aunt Hannah took.
 |
| More gifts for Owen, even though it was my birthday! |
After Owen's baptism, we came back over to the house and had cake and ice cream to celebrate ME!
 |
moola from Mom and Dad
|
 |
| TJ Maxx from Sarah! |
 |
| Costa Vida from Lucy! |
 |
A funny card Jonas made me. He drew a picture of a mad cow and said, "Mom I love you, even though you get mad...." On the next page was a picture of a giraffe that said, "And confused", "BUT," and then this page with the picture of a horse said, "mostly you're as happy as a horse." It was funny....look at Owen laughing! |
Christopher got me a sweet bike! So now our family can enjoy biking together.

 |
| Sorry for the blurriness...taken with Sarah's phone |
 |
| Ansel feeding Lilly cake |
It really was a wonderful day. My mom and Sarah and I enjoyed lunch together and spending time together before the baptism. I'm so grateful my my family and friends that make me feel special :)
My parents and Sarah took off Friday morning to go to Jon's to watch Alyssa and Natalie compete. I wish they could've stayed longer, but it was great having while they were here.
The goodbye's are never easy....
March 8, 2012 will forever be a wonderful day!