A month or so before school got out, Jonas brought home some wheat that he had planted with his school class. When we planted the garden he wanted to plant his wheat so he could harvest it and make a cupcake. Well, today he did just that. I have to admit that I didn't think he would be able to do it. He kept bugging me to help, so we finally looked up online how to harvest wheat.
After "threshing" came the "winnowing" .... which is "pouring the grain from one container to another, letting the wind push the lighter chaff out of the grain. Repeat the process a few times to get the grain as chaff-free as possible. "
What do you know....it worked!
Next came the grinding....
I found a recipe for two cupcakes and Jonas had just enough "flour" for the recipe. He was so excited that he sat in front of the oven and watched them bake.
He was super proud that they actually looked like cupcakes!
They actually weren't bad....Actual frosting may have helped, but we settled for some whipped topping. Jonas got one and the rest of us split the other. I'm proud of Jonas' tenacity to see a project through.
So what did your kid do today?


