Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting to Dublin--Johnnie Fox's

We got to Dublin the afternoon of August 7th. We checked into our hotel, The Clarence which is owned by Bono and The Edge right around Temple Bar.  
This was our view from the balcony of our room








We didn't have much time that day and just walked around downtown a bit. Here I am in front of Christ Church Cathedral, which dates back to 1038.  We didn't tour inside, just walked around the outside. 


We had reservations that night to got to Johnnie Fox's, one of Ireland's oldest pubs, established in 1798.  We went to the Hooley show, with is basically their dinner and live entertainment. It was definitely fun and well done. 

Christopher enjoyed one of their specialties: steamed clams


I think I put up a picture similar to this on facebook and Maureen who was staying with the kids showed it to Sadie. She said is that Bono? I wish! Too funny!

Like I said, it was well done, as they've been doing it for years! It was a fun night with some exposure to traditional Irish music and dance.