Monday, October 29, 2012

Sadie's 6th Birthday

When I put Sadie to bed Friday night, I asked what she wanted for her birthday breakfast when she woke up. She replied that she and Dad had already figured it out...she was going with him to get donuts! (Usually Christopher will go and get donuts and just bring them home). Well, early the next morning, I heard my door slowly open. I groggily woke up and looked at the clock...5:05 AM. Sadie was coming in to get her dad to go get donuts. I intercepted her and led her back to her bedroom, realizing she was fully dressed and her hair was damp, as she had brushed it. When we got to her room,  I saw that she had made her bed, too. This girl was ready for her birthday! I told her it was much too early and that she had to go back to bed for a few hours. Luckily she did. A few hours later, she and her dad and brothers went to get the first round of sweets for the day: donuts for breakfast. 

Sadie wanted a party "just like Owen's from last year" this year. So we invited some friends and booked the party at CBRC from 1-3 p.m. She wanted dodgeball and the rockwall. She had a good time with her friends.






All the kids, except one, attempted the rock wall. Sadie did pretty well.











We bought cupcakes for her treat....I love her face in this picture. Bring on the second round of sweets for the day...





Present time....which is probably the best part if you're turning 6 years old!
 A Fur Real baby bunny from Ivy
 A Lego set from Alayna
Tink with multiple dresses from Brooke
Presto Dots from Lindsay
A cowgirl doll from Brock and Trent
Another Lego set and cool Ocean puzzle from Riley
Sadie and her friends, minus Ivy who had to leave early. I love that wanted to invite just as many boys as girls. 


Ansel had his last football game in Benton City that night, so it wasn't until around 8:30 that we finally got to open presents and sing happy birthday to our sweet birthday girl. Grandma Hatch brought a few extra crazy Chinese candles and Sadie was adamant about having one on her cake. Christopher said that this was the last one...he thinks we are pressing our luck every time we light one.




But really, can any candle really compare with that flame?!


This video is pretty funny. It's typical to have to wait for the candle open. Jonas wanted to film it this time...check out his reaction at the end of the video. He cracks me up!
Finally, present time! Money and a sweet card from Grandpa & Grandma Hatch.











Happy Birthday Sadie!