Halloween was great this year. It wouldn't be Halloween season without making and decorating pumpkin sugar cookies. This was a yearly tradition that my mom did and it's the only way I enjoy black licorice. I used to be able to find the black licorice rope in local stores, but this year I had to order it online. Thank heavens for the internet! We made a bunch and delivered some to some friends. I love how they all turn out.
We barely got pumpkin carving done. The kids are all busy it seems, so this happened the night before Halloween.
Halloween was a beautiful day--weather wise. The sun was shining and it was warm enough to trick-or-treat without coats. Our neighbors were out raking their leaves, so we sent the kids over to help. Ansel had some friends over to hang out that night, so they helped out too.
Owen and Sadie picked easy enough costumes that we didn't have to do too much. Sadie was a ghost.
Owen was a Newsie. Ever since we saw Newsies in NYC and the kids watched the movie, Owen has learned all the songs and was determined to be a Newsie for Halloween. He was so cute! I loved this costume!
Christopher dressed up as....well he wore his tux and the staff at his office decided he was James Bond. :)
We enjoyed our annual neighborhood Halloween Parade following the firetrucks around the neighborhood. This has been an annual event for over 20 years!
Ansel and his friends with a pretty lame attempt at dressing up...
Jonas as an evil devil....
After the parade, one of the residents hosts dinner...hot dogs, chili, veggies, chips and juice/water/hot cider.
The kids trick or treated with the Medinas this year. Emme, Sadie, Lydia, Owen & Ammon
I took Owen and Sadie out for more after Round 1...
Looking at the loot...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!





