Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 2016

June 1--Field trip to the Reach Museum. It's always fun to chaperone things for the school!





Costa Vida after gymnastics practice.
 June 6th--Christopher and I celebrated our 19th Anniversary with a night out for dinner and walk by the river.

 June 9th--Christopher's firm broke ground for a new office in Yakima!
Owen's hair had gotten so long that I told Christopher to go get his hair cut. We talked about getting it pretty short for the upcoming summer break, but he ended up with a buzz cut. It was pretty traumatic, but we went to a fundraiser and won this cool NASCAR jacket that cheered him up a bit.



Ansel turned 17! and we celebrated with a yummy hamburger dinner.
Breakfast!



















June 13--First day of Summer--I took the kids to visit the B Reactor out at Hanford. It was pretty fascinating!

 An old homestead












 I thought the man in this picture looked like my Grandpa Parker




BYU Quilt--My mom had planned on making Caleb a BYU quilt after she found out he'd been accepted and was planning on attending BYU-I  I brought home the scraps and with Christopher doing the majority of the work, we managed to make the quilt for Caleb.  







June 17--Burn Party
The kids had a burn party to celebrate the end of the school year and beginning of summer!








 June 18--Caleb's Graduation
We went over to Auburn to celebrate and attend Caleb's graduation.

















Tara had an amazing graduation party at a friend's house with yummy food and super cute graduation decorations--it was definitely a fun celebration!

 Always sad to say goodbye to cousins!


Father's Day--June 19
 Christopher collects license plates and so Sadie made this one for her Dad!



 A theme...






 Happy Father's Day to the best Dad ever!

June 20-21--Scout High Adventure
Christopher went on the high adventure with Jonas and his group. They hiked, ran into snow, so had to come up with a different hike, biked and then canoed. 


















Maureen came to visit the end of June. We had fun going mini golfing and having her stay with us.




Came home to find this on top of the washing machine. When I asked Ansel about it, he told me he was trying to sew the button on.  I had to document this complete Fail of mine as a mother. First of all, I explained, that is a straight pin, not a needle. I loved his ingenuity of trying to figure it out, but I did have a good laugh about it!