Sunday, July 16, 2017

Utah fun in July

I had plans to stay in Utah with the kids as Jonas was going to EFY, Sadie was doing gymnastics camp at BYU and Owen was doing a space simulator camp in Pleasant Grove. Ansel stayed down with me and we played a bit while the kids were at their activities. Sunday before Christopher flew home, we went to church with the Melansons and then went to dinner at their house. It was great to reconnect and visit with them. 

We dropped Owen off first thing Monday morning for his space simulation camp. Basically he and about 20 other kids stayed at this space camp center where they role played and planned out a space mission for the week. I was a bit nervous leaving him there, but he was super excited.

 Next up was getting Sadie's stuff for gymnastics camp. We met Cosmo and picked up her t-shirt and lanyard.
 Then it was lunch and drop off for Jonas for the week for EFY with his buddy, Jake Bullock.

Sadie's gymnastics camp was everyday from like 10-4 or so, so that gave Ansel and I time to do different things each day. Sadie was a bit nervous to do the camp and she's pretty shy, so ate lunch a lot by herself, but I think by the end she was glad she did it.

The first day we walked around campus and found where Ansel would have all his classes.





We also did an official BYU tour...even though he'd already been admitted. He got a t-shirt and it was still fun. He also got his BYU ID!




On Wednesday we went zip lining at Sundance which was so much fun! I love the Utah mountains.




















 I met up Sarah and we went to the Orem Scera pool while Ansel went out with Rose, our old neighbor.



 Thursday morning I woke up and went walking and then went to the Provo City temple.



 After Sadie was done we met up with Sarah for dinner at Los Hermanos and then to Thanksgiving Point to see the I am the Light of the World Garden which is a beautiful display of sculptures throughout the garden area.



























 After we got back to Provo we decided to go hike the Y. Unfortunately Sadie got a bloody nose pretty early on and it didn't stop until we got back down. I kept thinking it would stop, but it just didn't. Luckily I had my bandana that she could use, but I felt bad for her. She was a trooper for keeping going and making it to the top!





























 Saturday, we picked Jonas up early from EFY and hit the road home. Here are some pics from Jonas' week at EFY. He had a great group and really had a fun week.
 



 Talent show at EFY

At our favorite stop in Boise on the way home....Taco Del Mar.