Saturday, December 23, 2017

December Fun


What a way to begin December....with a new U2 album. It's a great album and I'm so excited for new music!

We also started December off with a performance of the Messiah....one of my favorite ways to begin the season. 



This year we are doing the 12 days of Christmas for a family...it's been fun to get stuff and leave it on their doorstep. 


Picking out the Christmas trees...
Sadie and Owen visiting Santa



The RHS football team won the state 4A championship this year! I was able to watch the end of the game...





We got the trees decorated and also enjoyed watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional


The trees all decorated!


Sadie and I were driving past Yoke's and had to pull over to take some pics of the ice that formed over the bushes. I think the fire hydrant let water out and then with the cold it froze making pretty ice!




We got tickets to see Elf with the kids and also invited Christopher's parents over in Seattle. I think I enjoy the movie more, but this was a fun show and it's always fun to get over to Seattle. After the show we headed down to Auburn and ate dinner with Jon and Tara. 




We had Christopher's work party up in Yakima on Dec 9th.  Basically it was an open house to see the new building which turned out so great and then there was yummy treats next door. 





This is always such a wonderful way for me to get into the Christmas spirit. The choir begins rehearsals in September, so it's great to finally be able to present the music. I love singing in this choir. This year was fun because Jonas was in a youth choir that also sang. 
 

Working on Christmas cards...some years I send and some I don't

Owen and Sadie had a piano recital on December 11th and did a great job. They played a classical piece as well as a Christmas piece. 





Jonas making music
Jonas and the RHS Christmas concert


Sadie and I visited the lights at John Dam Plaza. Richland does a great job with this area!



Sadie and Lydia working on Christmas....



Grandma made mini gingerbread houses and the kids and Christopher had fun decorating. 

















Chicos Tacos with Ansel and Jonas


 Sarah, Christopher and I enjoyed a beautiful afternoon in the temple
Fruit gift from Sis Kitchell


caroling from the Bowers

Sarah and Sadie decorating sugar cookies