I went to see Dr. Higgs on Monday just about 1 week to the hour of my little accident. They redid the x-rays and it confirmed what the ER said...a little chip off a bone on top of my foot. I was already getting around pretty well by then, but got upgraded to this nice little shoe that allows more flexibility for my ankle, but still keeps my foot supported.

He said to wear it the next couple of weeks...which is much better than the 6-8 weeks I was thinking of with the big black boot! He said I could have swelling and nagging pain for upwards to a year, but as long as I can walk, I think I can deal with that. My foot is still pretty bruised...it's hard to capture in pictures, but here are my attempts.

He said to wear it the next couple of weeks...which is much better than the 6-8 weeks I was thinking of with the big black boot! He said I could have swelling and nagging pain for upwards to a year, but as long as I can walk, I think I can deal with that. My foot is still pretty bruised...it's hard to capture in pictures, but here are my attempts.



Thanks for all the well wishes. I've been taken good care of by my friends here, bringing us dinners the past two nights. I have good friends! I'm grateful that I'm getting around as well as I am.