Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Weekend with Sarah

Christopher went to New York this past weekend to visit Jared and Denee and see little Peter be blessed. I knew he was going to be gone, so mentioned to Sarah that it would be fun if she could come out over the weekend. Sometimes Delta has weekend getaway fares that make it somewhat affordable to fly. Well, they didn't have the deal, but she managed to fly on a Delta Buddy Pass that someone offered, which was even more affordable. It was great having her here...just like old times. When we lived in Utah, she used to come over every day after work when Christopher was gone for the summer in Yakima working.
Friday morning after getting the boys off to school, we worked out together (it's so much more fun working out with someone!) and then ran a few errands. Jonas and Ansel wanted to go roller skating after school, so I took them and ran some errands while she stayed with Owen and Sadie. That night we went out to dinner and saw A New Town, a movie that is totally predictable, but cute nonetheless.
Saturday was a lazy morning and then we loaded the kids up and took them to see The Tale of Despereaux. The kids loved the popcorn, soda and fruit snacks and I think even liked the movie. We pretty much hung out afterwards and then later that night watched The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Sunday was a long day. We got ready for church and afterwards watched Prince Caspian. I made homemade pizza and cake and after getting the kids to bed, we watched Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.

Monday Sarah made a few mix CDs and after dropping Owen off for preschool enjoyed lunch at Red Robin. It may seem that all we did was watch movies, but it was super fun to have her here!

In other news, Owen and Sadie have upgraded their beds. Surprisingly it wasn't sad to take down the crib. Sadie loves her big girl bed. Now I just need to pick out some material so Mom can make a blanket.

And then there's Owen. My almost 5 year old Owen. I loved him in his little bed. He really was getting too big for it as he hit the end when he stretched out. Now he seems little in his big boy bed...except he's not. The kids are changing and growing and I try to remind myself when I get annoyed at them that they won't stay little forever.