We enjoyed wonderful 75 degree weather for all but the last day of our trip, which made for wonderful beach days. We spent a couple days driving around what we could of the island. One day we headed east and north; and another west and up Waimea Canyon. We saw beautiful beaches, lots of wild chickens, whales spouting in the ocean and scenery that took my breath away. We enjoyed wonderful food and had one of the best trips ever!
The first day there, we saw the island through a helicopter excursion. The helicopter was surprisingly smooth and was a great way to see the island!









We had an ocean front condo that gave us the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks day and night, the ability to see whales and amazing sunsets.









Way up north is the Kilauea Lighthouse. We saw lots of whales here.



On the west side at Jo Jo's was the best shave ice around...Christopher and Rusty made sure by getting shave ice any chance they could. Unfortunately it didn't settle too well with Rusty that day as we drove up Waimea Canyon. Let's just say that was the end of the shave ice for the trip! At least it was toward the end of the week:)

Waimea Canyon is the largest canyon in the Pacific. It measures 10 miles long, 1 mile wide, and more than 3,500-feet deep. It was an impressive sight.





Here are a few pics of our hike down to Wailua Falls, a spectacular 80 ft. high waterfall. The trail was steep and slippery, but it was an awesome adventure!






There are seriously chickens everywhere on Kauai. I guess it's their food storage in case they get shut off from the mainland. They are so mixed up they crow at all times of the day. They were fun to observe.



We stayed on the south side of the island in Poipu and the beach there was amazing. On the first day there we saw this:


I actually tried snorkeling and was amazed at all the fish right there. It was really cool, but once I realized I was swimming with fish, I sort of freaked out and headed in. I'm glad I did it though. Michelle and I found these great chairs at Big K. It made our beach days so enjoyable!



Valentines Day was the Saturday before we left. We got these huge cards and a basket full of goodies that included vouchers for first class tickets on the way home. It was such a surprise and made the trip home quite nice!

I am a lucky person to have Christopher as my husband. He treats me like a queen and I love him very much. This trip was a blast and one that I'll remember forever!