Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

This has been the best Christmas yet for the Childers family! What a fun and special time of year. We were lucky to have both my parents and Christopher's parents, along with Hannah and Brandon celebrate Christmas with us this year. I heard the excited squeals of the boys around 5:30 and then around 6:30 I heard the kids talking to Hannah and Brandon. I woke Sadie up and we went to see what Santa had brought.





Sadie loved going through the stocking and seeing what Santa put in. She got this fun kitchen stocked with food and pots and pans, but I think the favorite thing was the pack of bubble gum at the bottom.



Jonas got a new bike and a pet toy hamster, that has already broken., along with some other goodies. Ansel got a new camera and Owen joined the ranks of his older brothers with a Nintendo DS and some games.

Christopher totally surprised me with this mirror that he's been secretly working on the past month. I had mentioned to him that I would like him to make us an entry mirror like he's done as gifts for my siblings in the past, but I figured I'd have to wait a lot longer! He treated me to the "12 days of Christmas" which I'll post about later, but this was the culmination and it is absolutely beautiful!

Before we got to the presents under the tree, we had delicious cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate, a Christmas morning tradition.

Finally around 7:30, I think, we started opening the gifts under the tree. Everyone had more than enough presents to open and everyone was very gracious and thankful for what they received.

Brandon, a.k.a. "Brambo" got a new Nerf gun to compete against the kids when they have their Nerf gun wars.



Grandma Childers made each of the kids warm big blankets this year. Sadie got a princess one and Ansel, Jonas & Owen got BYU ones. They are super cool and the boys love them!



Owen got a playdough set from Grandma and Grandpa Hatch. He was so thankful for everything he got.






Brandon got a BYU blanket too!

Sadie with her playdough set from G. & G. Hatch

Grandpa Childers got a comic story, "Attack of the Evil Gum" written and drawn by Jonas

Dad opening his new set of scriptures

The next gift from Ansel to me caught me by surprise. It is a project he worked on in school that included a pre-write, a rough draft, corrections and then a final draft. Their goal was to make their mom cry....which I totally did. It was probably the highlight of Christmas for me.




I love these pictures of Owen...I'm not even sure what he got but he was just so happy and thankful. I love his excitement and genuine love of those he received from.

Denee put in many hours to make these beautiful hats and scarves for us. I love them!

Sherry has been working on family scrapbooks for the past year, including making reprints from slides and negatives and making beautiful scrapbook pages of Christopher growing up as well as recent trips with the kids. It is a beautiful book that will become a family treasure for sure!

Chuck and Sherry are going to their first concert in 30 years...Elton John and Billy Joel in Portland early February. Have fun guys!

My mom got a gift box with a note written in it with a check from my dad that made her smile:)

Hannah is the funnest person to give gifts to. She is genuinely so excited about what she gets and she is just like a little kid. It's always fun to have Hannah around!




Christopher and I both received beautiful homemade pens from Jay. Mine is made from Olive Wood. Jonas made me this cute 2010 desk calendar.

Chuck had this apron made for my Dad...I think it's great!

The kids were pretty content the rest of the day playing with their new stuff. It was a very Merry Christmas indeed!

My beautiful mirror now hanging in my hallway