Nelson Mandela is an amazing human being. I had just finished reading a chapter on him in the book I was reading about individuals who lived thier lives with moral courage. It has made me want to read his autobiography. Anyway,Invictus,is a poem, that in the movie, Mandela shared with the captain of the rugby team. It was one that had been inspiring to him during his time in prison, helping him to "stand when all he wanted to do was lie down".
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of fate
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of fate
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years finds
And shall find me unafraid.
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years finds
And shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Saturday we had a nice lazy day. Christopher worked with the boys on come scout achievements, we ran a few errands and the kids just had fun hanging out. We took the plunge and got a bigger fish tank for our 7 year old gold fish. He now has 20 gallons of water to swim around in. He seems much happier...now we just need to figure out where to put this thing! Saturday night Christopher and I got some Chinese takeout and watched Forever Strong, another movie about rugby. This time it was about the famous Highland rugby team. It's a good show.How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
We are enjoying the 11:00 church time. I leave early for Choir, leaving our afternoons and evenings pretty free. Christopher wrested with the kids tonight, which they all thought was pretty fun.
We made biscuits for dinner and watched Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The kids are now all in bed and I think we have another movie calling our name....
