I can't believe September has come and gone. It was a fast month! Here is what has been going on:
SCHOOL
Ansel started 7th grade at Carmichael. So far so good. He has great classes that he's in with all of his friends, which makes it pretty nice. Here he is showing us his locker.
Owen and Jonas are at Badger...Owen is in 2nd grade and Jonas is in 5th.
Christopher loves being scoutmaster. Here is a recent court of honor where Ansel earned some of his merit badges.
Jonas is in Webelos and although he says he wants to earn the super Webelos award, he never wants to work on scouts when I suggest it.
SPORTS
Ansel and Jonas are both playing Richland Youth Football this season. Although Ansel could have played at Carmichael, he chose to continue with most of his team from last season and play for the West Richland Titans. He continues to play center and continues to love the sport!
Jonas opted to stay out of the draft and play for the same organization that Ansel is affiliated with making him a Panther. He is on the D team because his birthday is 2 weeks after the August 1st cutoff. He is THE biggest kid on his team and so far is playing starting offense and defense.
Owen is sticking with TaeKwonDo. We signed up for a summer session that allowed him unlimited classes for 3 months. He's decided he likes it and would like to be a black belt....which is MANY MANY classes and years away, but I think it's a good thing for him. The sport requires a discipline that Owen needs and so it's been good training. Plus with him only having 1 kidney, we are supposed to keep him out of those contact sports. Recently Owen earned his gold belt. He was super excited and I'm super proud of him.
CHURCH
We all stay busy with our church responsibilities. Ansel spoke in Sacrament meeting for the first time last week and did a great job! Here are three generations of Childers off to the Priesthood Session of Conference.
HOME PROJECTS
I've been wanting to make this shadow box for awhile now, but finally bought one and did it. It was super easy and I think it turned out great. It's a great display for Ansel's cub scouts years. I'm going to go buy matching shadow boxes for Jonas and Owen and plan on doing one for them as well.
They framed in a temporary door so we can stay in our bedroom. We will have a door here, just not this one. :)
And that has been our September!
SCHOOL
Ansel started 7th grade at Carmichael. So far so good. He has great classes that he's in with all of his friends, which makes it pretty nice. Here he is showing us his locker.
Owen and Jonas are at Badger...Owen is in 2nd grade and Jonas is in 5th.
Sadie is at Gateway Monday-Thursday in the mornings. She is absolutely loving it this year. I can't believe this will be the end of our associations with this wonderful school!
SCOUTSChristopher loves being scoutmaster. Here is a recent court of honor where Ansel earned some of his merit badges.
Jonas is in Webelos and although he says he wants to earn the super Webelos award, he never wants to work on scouts when I suggest it.
SPORTS
Ansel and Jonas are both playing Richland Youth Football this season. Although Ansel could have played at Carmichael, he chose to continue with most of his team from last season and play for the West Richland Titans. He continues to play center and continues to love the sport!
Jonas opted to stay out of the draft and play for the same organization that Ansel is affiliated with making him a Panther. He is on the D team because his birthday is 2 weeks after the August 1st cutoff. He is THE biggest kid on his team and so far is playing starting offense and defense.
Sadie is still in gymnastics. She is able to participate in the TUMBLEBUS after school on Mondays and then goes for a class on Thursdays as well.
Owen is sticking with TaeKwonDo. We signed up for a summer session that allowed him unlimited classes for 3 months. He's decided he likes it and would like to be a black belt....which is MANY MANY classes and years away, but I think it's a good thing for him. The sport requires a discipline that Owen needs and so it's been good training. Plus with him only having 1 kidney, we are supposed to keep him out of those contact sports. Recently Owen earned his gold belt. He was super excited and I'm super proud of him.
GARDENING
Our garden continues to provide us with yummy produce. We picked the peaches from our peach tree. I picked them a bit early because I didn't want them to be ruined by birds or the few squirrels I've seen around here. They ripened up beautifully and I sliced and froze all of them. I picked more with my neighbor at a local orchard and canned a bunch for winter.
There really is nothing funner than using what you grow in your garden. Last week I made fajitas with peppers and onions from the garden and made salsa from tomatoes and jalepeno. The tomatillos are about ready to pick and can.
Jonas grew this giant sunflower from a seed in scouts. It was fun to have in the garden this year. Christopher and he harvested the seeds and got quite a bit!CHURCH
We all stay busy with our church responsibilities. Ansel spoke in Sacrament meeting for the first time last week and did a great job! Here are three generations of Childers off to the Priesthood Session of Conference.
HOME PROJECTS
I've been wanting to make this shadow box for awhile now, but finally bought one and did it. It was super easy and I think it turned out great. It's a great display for Ansel's cub scouts years. I'm going to go buy matching shadow boxes for Jonas and Owen and plan on doing one for them as well.
We had our A/C units moved and Christopher built a new fence yesterday. We are going to put a door in where the window is so we have easier access to the garage from the back yard.
We finally started our master bathroom remodel. I'm not sure when it will be done, but there is no turning back now. Here are some before pics and what it looks like in its current state.They framed in a temporary door so we can stay in our bedroom. We will have a door here, just not this one. :)
And that has been our September!







