Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sadie's 5th Birthday

I usually try to keep the kids birthday celebration to their actual birthday, but this year Sadie's was drawn out all week. Because it was our turn to host playgroup, I planned her birthday party for the Monday before her Thursday birthday. We kept the party pretty simple with just her playgroup friends. Christopher came home during his lunch hour to play some games with the girls, which was a hit. We colored, opened presents, sang  happy birthday, ate a cupcake and then had some free play.

Ring around the rosie....always a favorite

Limbo!

Animal charades


Due to Sadie's preschool having their halloween costume party on Thursday, Sadie celebrated her birthday at school on Wednesday.

She got a fun birthday crown and got to choose 5 birthday hugs or spankings from Miss Amy....
She chose the hugs.
Finally Thursday arrived and we could celebrate her actual birthday. She wanted donuts and hot chocolate for breakfast. We had to hurry and wake her up before Christopher and Ansel had to leave at 7:30.
After school and gymnastics I took Sadie to Monkey Dooz for a surprise birthday "makeover" that included a haircut.....

an "updooz"

 a mini manicure....
and sparkle make-up!
Sadie loved it and said it was the "best birthday present over."

We were able to have dinner at Red Robin and then finish off the evening with cake and a few presents.






She got money from Grandpa & Grandma Childers (bought a "Tangled" dress)
She also got money from Grandma & Grandpa Hatch that she used to buy a "my little pony" set. 
I Am A Child of God necklace




A pillow pet!
You'd think that would be the end of it, but we actually had a Childers family birthday celebration last Sunday to celebrate Sadie's, Lilly's, Christopher's and Sherry's birthdays. 

 "I can be a dentist" Barbie from the Hannah, Brandon and Lilly