Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Sadie had a little preschool Thanksgiving program the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. It was a cute little play about the first Thanksgiving. Sadie was a Turkey and her part was "gobble gobble gobble...." They then sang a few songs and we had some yummy treats as our "feast."

We left for Helena Wednesday morning and made it there in time for dinner and some playing with the Hatch and Lynn cousins before heading to our hotel for bed. We had a great time in Helena visiting and spending time with everyone. Lucy and her family were the only ones missing. Christopher and I went and did the Turkey Trot with Jon and Tara, Alyssa, Brendan and Ian in the morning. Christopher and Tara ran the 10k while Jon and I and the kids did the 5k. The kids totally took off and Jon and I enjoyed walking/jogging/talking the route. The weather wasn't too bad and it was a nice way to start off the day.



My mom, with the help of mostly Sarah, put on a wonderful Thanksgiving feast with all my favorite and familiar fixings. It always amazes me how quickly we can eat a meal that takes so long to prepare and clean up, but it seems to be worth it!











We had Christmas with my parents that evening due to most of us being together and because we got them a new laptop and wanted to be able to help them get it set up and working before they left for Durango. I love my Dad's face in these pictures.





The next few days brought days of cousins playing, adults shopping and visiting and enjoying being home. Of course there were a few places that we went just for tradition sake....like the carousel, Staggering Ox and walking around downtown.







I took some video of the kids at Thanksgiving telling what they were thankful for as well as them playing their pick up version of hockey on the ice covered patio out back, but haven't been able to figure out how to condense it and upload it. Once I get Ansel to help me, I'll post it :)