Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 2011

OK so there are a lot of pictures in this post. I realize that it is the  middle of January, so this post is long overdue. We had a wonderful December! At the beginning of the month we had our Ward Christmas party. It was a breakfast so we all got to come in our pajamas. Here is Sadie with a few of her crafts.
The Primary children sang and Christopher narrated a story set to pictures.

It's always fun to get out the Christmas decorations and get the house ready for the holidays. I realized after uploading the pictures that I didn't get any pictures of our tree upstairs. Oh well.
This was an attempt at getting a family picture for Christmas cards, but never got a card sent. Another year of not sending cards. I'm sorry! Hopefully next year.

We had the opportunity to watch Lilly overnight last month. Christopher and Ansel were actually camping, but she was super good and slept all night without any problems.





The Monday of Christmas vacation we decorated gingerbread people. Sherry is always so willing to bake and get things ready for this fun activity. In order to simplify this year, she baked people that turned out just as well as decorating houses.









Maureen got here that day and got to help in our fun activity.



Ansel's BYU gingerbread boy. I teased that it looks like he's wearing a diaper. 

We even got a surprise visit from....SANTA!






Lilly didn't like him so much



December 24th brought the 1st annual "milk and cookies" bowl, organized by Ansel and Jonas. I think they had fun...


Love this pic even though he's so sad.


Sarah flew in the early evening of the 24th.  We have our big dinner on Christmas Eve, so we don't have to worry about any meals on Christmas day. We had a scrumptious roast, potatoes, corn and rolls. Sherry brought poppers that the kids had fun opening.
It is getting more and more difficult to get a good picture of the kids all together. I thought it would get easier, but it doesn't seem to. Here are the kids in front of the tree.
We had our traditional Christmas Eve happenings complete with the narration of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Saide and Grandpa competed for the part of Cindy Lou Who with Sadie coming in as victorious. Owen and Jonas competed for the Grinch and while we tried to give both the part, Jonas didn't want to share, so Owen got the part.



I found my old sheet music for  Carol of the Drum which Maureen, Sarah and I sang.



We sang a lot of Christmas music and we opened our Christmas Eve pajamas.

Christmas morning came VERY early this year as we forgot to tell the kids not to get up before a certain time. We woke up to them checking out what Santa brought at 3:30 A.M.! Needless to say, we sent them back to bed and told them not to come back until 6:00 or so. I'm not sure they even fell back asleep. Here are some pics of our Christmas morning.






We had Church at 9:00, so we didn't have time to open presents or even do much before we had to get ready. I wanted to get a pic of us all dressed up, but by the time I got home (we drove separately) the kids had already changed back into their pajamas. I made Sadie change back into her dress because I wanted to get a picture of her in it.

I can't believe how big she is!

Once we all got back into our pajamas we had our traditional breakfast of cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate, courtesy of Grandma this year.
Then it was time to open presents.....








Sarah got me a "tour of Provo" complete with gift cards to all my favorite restaurants.
























Jamie and Amanda's family got us all Purdue stuff as that is where he is going to school. Ansel & Christopher are showing what they think of Purdue....(mostly kidding of course). 
The rest of the day was spent watching movies, building new LEGO sets, resting, playing, eating and having a great day.



This years' Christmas cards
Christopher got me a Panini so we made yummy Panini's 

Sarah and Sadie making cookies
It was a wonderful Christmas. I am so happy Maureen and Sarah came to spend it with our family and also for Grandma and Grandpa Childers who we will miss next year when they are on their mission.