Christmas really couldn't have been more perfect. We woke to the squeals of delight (not too early even!) from our children excited about what they found from Santa. Even Lilly was excited. She loved her new easel that she didn't even dig into her stocking until later.
Sadie got a DS and is showing Lilly how it works. She also got Stompeez!Ansel got a new iPod touch and a mini replica of the black BYU helmets.
Owen got an awesome electric scooter!
We had our traditional cinnamon rolls as well as a breakfast casserole that I also made before going in the other room and opening the gifts from each other.
There are a bunch of pictures of our fun morning. All the kids got presents for each other. While it made for a lot of gifts under the tree, it was neat to see what they picked out for each other.
Tabletop air hockey and fooseball to Jonas and Ansel from Sadie.
A cute apron from Owen for Sadie
Sour candy making for Jonas from Owen.
Ansel is branching out a bit from his BYU only t shirt collection. Owen got him a Notre Dame shirt.
A watercolor of the Franklin County Courthouse from Owen to Dad.
Cool glasses and a new Webkins for Sadie from Jonas
Perhaps Owen's favorite gift...a Nerf sword from Jonas
and cool gold glassesHe gave Ansel a new NERF gun
and a picture frame for Dad of pictures of he and the kids.
Love the hugs....
An OU apron for Jonas, because evidently Jonas likes OU. Who knew?
Ansel and Jonas presented the 12 days of Christmas to me full of mostly candy, but I did get "8 love letters" which did actually make me cry. They were sweet.
This year for my shopping I got something you want, something to wear, something to read and something you need. It was fun to have the kids figure out what went with what.
Owen--wanted NINJAGO LEGO set
Sadie--needed a new bike helmet
Jonas is always asking for mechanical pencils so I picked these up at Costco for part of his "need" category. When we were at STAPLES a few days before Christmas he wanted to buy some mechanical pencils. I told him he should wait until after Christmas to which he replied, (and you can insert Jonas' tone here....)"really Mom? Pencils? Nobody is going to get pencils for Christmas..." or something like that. He was super excited when he opened these and we had a good laugh about it.
BYU pillowcases and books from Grandma and Grandpa Hatch...
super excited abou sour patch kids from Ansel
Sarah got a beautiful necklace and earrings from Sarah.
Christopher and I both got books from my mom and dad. I got a gift card to Macy's too!
Hannah was excited about the gift card to Cafe Rio!
Sarah got Sadie some cute pink sparkly TOMS but he real hit was the magic lipstick from Morocco. You only have to apply once and it stays on like all day!
Jonas was fun to watch this year. Christopher and I got him a suit, which he has been asking for for quite awhile. He was super excited when he opened this "need" present.
It fit him perfectly!
The boys all got new BYU sweatshirts for their "wear" category.
I got a new cute pair of TOMS from Sarah!
She gave the boys BYU shorts Owen got a cool snake from Morocco.
Jared and Denee and family got us an ice cream maker which we are super excited about!
Ansel got a University of Montana shirt that he wanted.
Jonas finally got the game he's been wanting....the Farming Game!
I made a photo book for Christopher of our trip to Ireland.
Christopher surprised all the boys with basketball tickets to see the Portland Trailblazers and the Kings play the next night in Portland. He took them last year too, so I guess it's a tradition now?
A year membership to the Children's museum in Spokane!
A night away with me for Christopher to the Bonneville Resort on the 27th!
Christopher got me tickets to see Spiderman in NYC on my birthday in March!
A beautiful bowl from Morocco from Sarah.
The rest of the day was spent playing, napping, watching movies and playing outside. We had a bit of a Christmas miracle as it snowed all day. It was awesome and made for a lot of fun for the kids.
| Sadie with her girl nails |
Jonas trying out his candy making kit....
Playing the farming gamePlaying outside.
Snowball fight with Brandon!
I love how Sadie is trying to write
I wanted to take some pictures of some of our surroundings to remember. Our tree...after thinking we could get an artificial tree this year, I just couldn't do it. We packed it up and sent it back and have enjoyed this "real" beauty.New ornaments this year: Owen's ornament we made in Cubs.
The kids get a new ornament every year. Here are this years: Ansel
JonasOwen
and Sadie
My new nativity from Ireland. I just love those sheep!My nativity from China.
and my nativity from Myanmar.
The entryway.
Heading to bed. It was a magical day! Merry Christmas!


























