I had a great weekend that kicked off the Holiday spirit and Christmastime. I was able to go to the temple Friday night which was really nice. It had been too long. Saturday, we went to Beaver Bark to pick out a tree. Christopher decided he didn't want to have two live trees, so we decided to go ahead and purchase an artificial tree which will be our "fancy" tree in our front room. We've always had another tree upstairs, but decided to put one down in the TV room where we mostly hang out. We put the big colored flashing bulbs on it and this year added bubble lights, reminiscent of both Christopher and I's childhood trees. It is decorated with all the kids past tree ornaments as well as all the fun one's they've made throughout the years. It's always fun to pull out the ornaments of Christmas past and put them on the tree. While at Beaver Bark, we let Owen and Sadie get a picture with Santa. It's not a very high quality print, but still fun to capture their youth.
We hit the Badger Mountain School Holiday Bazaar and the kids got a lot of their shopping done. Once we were home, we put on a Christmas movie and Owen and Sadie helped me decorate the tree.
Saturday night Christopher and I attended a joint performance of the Walla Walla Symphony & Mid-Columbia Mastersingers of Handel's Messiah. Hopefully they continue this tradition. It was the perfect way to jump start the Holiday season. It was very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Interesting tidbit about the Messiah: It was first performed in Dublin on April 13, 1742. When Christopher and I were in Dublin we actually passed the place where it was first performed. We also saw this in St. Patrick's Cathedral:
When we got home that night I saw that Sadie had done this:
Translation: I want Stompeez Santa from Sadie.
When I asked Sadie what they were, she said they were slippers that did stuff when you walked. I told her that she already had a pair of slippers. She replied, "these are slippers with personality." She is a sucker for those kid commercials. Check them out here: Stompeez We'll see if Santa comes through.
Sunday Sadie and I stayed home from church. Sadie has been sick with a cough and she probably could have gone, but it was nice to a have another day to just relax. She wanted to watch a Christmas Carol, but fell asleep.
After everyone got home from church and after dinner we enjoyed watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I enjoyed the music and wonderful talks that were given.
December is a busy time, but I hope to heed President Monson's counsel by making Jesus Christ the focus of the season. 


