Friday, April 20, 2012

Mission Call!


We had the unique opportunity to be present with Christopher's parents as they opened their mission call this afternoon. They have been called to the Samara Russia mission and report to the MTC September 3rd. When I asked Ansel and Jonas what they thought about it later this evening as they were getting ready for bed, they both said it was "spiritual." It was. The spirit was strong and bore witness that the Lord knows them and loves them and is mindful of their talents and how they can be used to bless the youth in Russia!
Christopher texted his partners and his one partner, Michael, called and said,"Are you kidding?" His parents were called to the same mission and have been there for about a month. They will be in the same area at the same time. It boggles my mind how the Lord works. We are going to miss them probably  more than we know. It's weird to think about how much will change in 23 months. Owen will be ready for 5th grade and Sadie for 2nd. I will be 40 when they get back. We know they will be blessed and I'm sure we will probably be blessed as well.
I am so grateful for my parents and now Christopher's parents who have set the example of serving a mission for the Lord. My boys know it's important and heck if Grandpa can do it, I'm sure they will know they can too!